Faculty in the Department of Biology are active in research and conduct studies in diverse subdisciplines within biology, including molecular biology, cell biology, physiology, ecology and evolutionary biology.
The department also has faculty members with expertise in pedagogical studies, genomic analysis and neuroscience.
Departmental Faculty Leadership
Susan Spencer, Ph.D.
Graduate Affairs Committee Chair
Laurie Russell, Ph.D.
Undergraduate Student Coordinator
Lindzy Dodson, Ph.D.
Undergraduate Research Coordinator
- Alaina Baker-Nigh, Ph.D.
- Jan Barber, Ph.D.
- Peter Bernhardt, Ph.D.
- Stephen Blake, Ph.D.
- Elena Bray Speth, Ph.D.
- Gerardo Camilo, Ph.D.
- Benjamin England, Ed.D.
- Jonathan Fisher, Ph.D.
- Kasey Fowler-Finn, Ph.D.
- Eva Gonzales, Ph.D.
- Blythe Janowiak, Ph.D.
- Jason Knouft, Ph.D.
- Zhenguo Lin, Ph.D.
- Richard Mayden, Ph.D.
- Ashley Milam, Ph.D.
- Allison Miller, Ph.D.
- Judith Ogilvie, Ph.D.
- Laurie Shornick, Ph.D.
- Julie Thole, Ph.D.
- Yuqi Wang, Ph.D.
- Daniel Warren, Ph.D.
- Robert Wood, Ph.D.
- Wenyan Xiao, Ph.D.
- Fenglian Xu, Ph.D.
- Dapeng Zhang, Ph.D.
- Robert D. Aldridge, Ph.D.
- Joe Leverich, Ph.D.
- John Severson, Ph.D.
- William S. Stark, Ph.D.
- Anthony Dell, Ph.D., National Great Rivers Research and Education Center, Dell Ecology Lab
- Cheryl Asa, Ph.D., St. Louis Zoo; reproductive biology, ecology and conservation of reptiles
- Thomas Croat, Ph.D., Missouri Botanical Garden; systematics of the Araceae
- Peter Goldblatt, Ph.D., Missouri Botanical Garden; systematics, karyology and breeding systems of African Iridaceae
- Charles Hoessle, Ph.D., St. Louis Zoo Director Emeritus; animal conservation, zoo biology and education
- Peter Hoch, Ph.D., Missouri Botanical Garden; systematics and evolution of North American species of Onagraceae
- Kevin Kayset, Ph.D., Sigma-Aldrich; microbiology, enzyme thermostability, thermophilic expression systems
- Peter Kevan, Ph.D.; pollination biology
- Peter Raven, Ph.D., Director, Missouri Botanical Garden; biogeography of seed plants; coevolution of plants and animals; plant systematics
- Biology paper time sheet
- Undergraduate teaching assistant application
- Biology student worker hiring request form