In collaboration with an advisory committee of Saint Louis University users, ITS has selected and is providing support for Qualtrics as the next-generation survey tool for SLU.
Qualtrics is available to all SLU faculty, staff and students. It is entirely web-based and offers features for building surveys, distributing surveys, analyzing and reporting on the survey responses. Key features include:
- Easy to use point and click interface
- Over 100 question types including interactive questions
- Ability to include graphics or embed audio and video clips
- Tools for basic and advanced users and surveys
- Advanced display logic, skip logic, randomization, and branching options
- Survey mailer to track response times down to the millisecond and remind and thank participants
- Ability to create and analyze anonymous surveys
- Built-in dynamic reporting tools
- Ability to export data directly into SPSS, CSV, PDF, Word and PowerPoint
- Collaboration options for working with other Qualtrics users (SLU and non-SLU users)
- Live support available directly from the Qualtrics support team for all SLU faculty, staff and students
How to Access your Qualtrics Account
All SLU faculty, staff and students are able to create their own Qualtrics account with the following steps:
- Login to the mySLU portal at myslu.slu.edu
- Click the "Tools" tab
- Click the "Qualtrics Survey Tool" icon
Please note that you cannot log in with your SLU credentials directly at the Qualtrics website.
Sharing a Qualtrics Survey
You can share a survey project with people who are part of SLU or with individuals outside of the University.
In the "Share Recording" window there is a field where you are prompted to type the user name or email of the person you want to have access to the survey.
To share with a SLU user you need to search for their SLUNet ID or by name, not email address.
When Qualtrics finds the person, click on their name and click the "Add" button. The next time the SLU user accesses Qualtrics from the mySLU Tools tab, your survey will appear in the Shared With Me list.
Please Note: If you search the Qualtrics address book for someone at SLU but they are not found, the person has not yet activated their SLU Qualtrics account. Ask the person activate their account by logging into mySLU then clicking on the Qualtrics icon on the Tools tab; once this is done the person will appear in the Qualtrics address book. Confirm that you have their correct SLUNet ID.
SLU users can also share Qualtrics surveys with people outside of SLU. The individual will have access to the survey that you shared with them, however they do not have a full-featured Qualtrics account so not all survey functionality is available to them.
Please view instructions on sharing a survey on the Qualtrics Support site for more details.
Support for Qualtrics
Qualtrics Support can be contacted directly at www.qualtrics.com/contact-support, by phone at 800-340-9194.
To request SLU ITS support with Qualtrics, contact the ITS Help Desk at 314-977-4000, email@example.com or help.slu.edu.