Respondus has three products:
- Respondus LockDown Browser - For secure online test proctoring
- Respondus Monitor - Works with LockDown Browser and records students during test taking
- Respondus 4.0 - Converting exams from text into Canvas format
LockDown Browser and Monitor Resources
- Archived recording of a training session
- LockDown Browser resources
- Respondus Monitor resources
- Top questions instructors have about LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor
How to Get the Respondus 4.0 Software
For a University-owned computer: Contact the IT Service Desk to request Respondus 4.0.
For a personal computer: Follow the instructions on the ITS Software Downloads page.
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later, there is no MAC version of Respondus 4.0
- Memory: 32 MB RAM minimum
- Hard Disk Space: 10 MB of free hard disk space for program files
- Monitor: 1024x768 or 1280x720 minimum resolution
Exporting from Respondus 4.0 and Importing into Canvas
We recommend faculty export a Respondus test file as a zip to your computer and then upload it from within Canvas. Here is a link to our knowledge base article on how to do that.
If you need assistance, please email email@example.com.
Training and Tutorials
- Creating and Formatting Questions with Respondus 4.0
Learn how to create and format questions with Respondus, including how to add images and equations.
- Importing Questions from Word with Respondus 4.0
This video shows how to import assessment questions from a word processor document.
- Quick Start with Respondus 4.0 Sheet
Learn how to use the edit menu, print an exam or randomize questions in online exams.
- Using the Respondus 4.0 Exam Wizard
The Wizard makes it easy to create exams using a publisher test bank or other Respondus files.
- Using Publisher Test Banks with Respondus 4.0
The leading textbooks in higher education have test banks available for use with Respondus 4.0. Learn how to request and access a test bank.
Support for Respondus Products
For assistance, contact the ITS Help Desk at 314-977-4000, firstname.lastname@example.org or ask.slu.edu.