Respondus has three products:
- Respondus LockDown Browser - For secure online test proctoring
- Respondus Monitor - Works with LockDown Browser and records students during test taking
- Respondus 4.0 - Converting exams from text into Blackboard format
LockDown Browser and Monitor Resources
- Archived recording of a training session
- LockDown Browser resources
- Respondus Monitor resources
- Top questions instructors have about LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor
How to Get the Respondus 4.0 Software
For a University-owned computer: Contact the IT Service Desk to request Respondus.
For a personal computer: Follow the instructions on the ITS Software Downloads page.
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later, there is no MAC version of Respondus 4.0
- Memory: 32 MB RAM minimum
- Hard Disk Space: 10 MB of free hard disk space for program files
- Monitor: 1024x768 or 1280x720 minimum resolution
Exporting from Respondus 4.0 and Importing into Blackboard Learn
We recommend faculty export a Respondus test file as a zip to your computer and then upload it from within Blackboard. We created this video to show how it is done.
If you need to retrieve a test or pool of questions from Blackboard, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Training and Tutorials
- Creating and Formatting Questions with Respondus
Learn how to create and format questions with Respondus, including how to add images and equations.
- Importing Questions from Word with Respondus
This video shows how to import assessment questions from a word processor document.
- Publishing an Assessment to a Blackboard Course
See how to publish an assessment directly to the Blackboard Learn course management system using Respondus.
- Quick Start with Respondus Sheet
Learn how to use the edit menu, print an exam or randomize questions in online exams.
- Using the Respondus Exam Wizard
The Wizard makes it easy to create exams using a publisher test bank or other Respondus files.
- Using Publisher Test Banks with Respondus
The leading textbooks in higher education have test banks available for use with Respondus 4.0. Learn how to request and access a test bank.
Respondus License Renewal
Existing users who have already updated their Blackboard server settings will automatically receive the latest license key and will not see a notice.
Existing users who have not updated their Blackboard server settings will see a notice that the license is expired. Click "Renew Later" to bypass that screen and use Respondus.
When you attempt to publish the test using the Publish Wizard, create a new server connection that will automatically give you the new license key each year.
Follow the instructions on how to use the pre-configured server settings option to configure Respondus to connect to Blackboard Learn.
Once you have completed this step, the license will be updated, and you will not see license prompts in the future.
Existing users who do not update their Blackboard server settings by July 31 of each year will need to copy and enter the license key for Respondus.