Business Services is continuing to update purchasing procedures during this period of working remotely. It is important to continue being good stewards of the University’s resources while we all deal with these ongoing changes.
Purchasing Procedures While Working Remotely
Please review all recurring purchases and deliveries to ensure they’re still necessary. If your recurring items are provided by a vendor below, please follow the instructions. If you have recurring purchases that are not listed below, and do not know how to put a hold on the account please reach out to your Business Services representative.
- Absopure – All water deliveries to the North Campus have been put on hold during the remote working period. If your department would like to reinstate their deliveries, please reach out to Bo Wagner with Absopure at email@example.com , or Andrew Chism at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Airgas - Please disinfect all air canisters prior to them being returned to Airgas. See the SOP in regards to cleaning/returning the canisters. Our contacts for Airgas are: Samantha DuBray, 314-520-0995, Samantha.email@example.com and Billy Barnett, 573-415-7454, Billy.Barnett@airgas.com.
- Amazon – Ordering from Amazon through Billiken Buy does not allow to ship to employee’s personal addresses. In the event an employee needs to receive an item directly to their home, departments can make purchases with the P-Card at the central Amazon business account that can now be accessed directly through www.amazon.com. Please see the Amazon Business Letter for more information,
- Clean – Clean will be making all deliveries to departments unless contacted directly. If you would like to place a hold on future deliveries, please contact Todd Schmidt at 314-971-1171 or TSchmidt@cleanuniform.com.
- Continental Carbonic – To change the delivery frequency or amount of deliveries from Continental Carbonic, please contact Jason Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-524-5888.
- Employee Relocation – The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has created a need to temporarily modify the University employee relocation program. Our preferred vendors are all open and ready to serve new SLU employees. When localities across the country re-open however, our vendors are anticipating a huge surge of requests from all their customers, such that the requests for moves may temporarily exceed the capacity of the industry. If your department has a new employee who will be utilizing the University vendors for their relocation, please advise them of the potential delays and to schedule and book moves as far in advance as possible. Rest assured that our current vendors will be able schedule moves for new employees, though it may take longer than it would have under normal circumstances. To help facilitate the quick processing of employee relocations and to limit the number of estimators coming into individual’s home, the University is temporarily suspending the requirement to obtain three bids for relocation services. The University has contracted pricing with all our preferred vendors, so new employees and departments will still receive preferred pricing on their moves. Lifting the requirement to obtain multiple bids will expedite booking a move, and as previously stated, not introduce multiple suppliers into an individual’s home. Please reach out to Ellen Borowiak at email@example.com with any questions.
- Griesedieck – For questions regarding your vending services please reach out to either owner David Griesedieck at firstname.lastname@example.org or DeAndre McMiller at email@example.com, 314-714-0541 (cell), or 314-429-4851 (office).
- Shred-It – If your department has scheduled pick-ups of their Shred-It containers and are no longer in need of this service, please reach out to Andrew Chism at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide him with the department’s account number. Services not needed should be suspended during this time.
- Staples – Please see the PDFs below for an update on Staples order statuses. During this period, if a department needs to send an order to an employee’s personal address, please contact Andrew Chism at email@example.com to get an account number outside of Billiken Buy. During this remote work period, P-Card purchases through Staples is allowable. Please remember to only make these purchases as necessary and imperative to working from home.
What We Do
The Department of Business Services is responsible for the purchasing process throughout Saint Louis University. We work closely with schools and departments to proactively negotiate new contracts that have generated substantial cost savings across the University. We've succeeded in implementing initiatives to achieve cost efficiencies and providing tactical price structures to vendor partners across campus. New initiatives and further cost-reduction opportunities will continue to be examined to effectively address the University's growing needs.
Mandatory use of exclusive vendors is a necessity. Business Services has carefully developed these partnerships to fully leverage buying power, reduce overall costs, monitor levels of service, manage vendor relationships and continue to consolidate the vendor base to ensure responsiveness and accountability.
Current exclusive business partners for the following products and services are listed below.
|FedEx (Contact Joe Stumpf at firstname.lastname@example.org to create your account)|
|Business Stationery||Bender Inc.|
|Coffee and Water Service||
|Medical Laundry/Cleaning||Clean Healthcare Apparel|
|Janitorial and Sanitation Supplies||Veritiv|
|Printers and Toner Cartridges||Xerox and TonerCharge|
Requisitions will need approval and a PO issued prior to ordering or receiving a product or service to ensure the use of appropriate vendors.