The Department of Purchasing is charged with the responsibility of identifying vendors that Saint Louis University as a whole can utilize for its departmental needs.
Purchasing regularly negotiates volume discount purchasing agreements with various vendors. SLU will pursue vendor discounts and volume purchase agreements based on its educational, not-for-profit status and the purchasing level of commonly used products.
Supplier Review Form
The Department of Business Services has created a supplier-review form that will allow departments to review each vendor and leave comments, questions, compliments or concerns. This will allow Business Services to provide feedback for each vendor, allowing them to provide a better service to the University. If you have any questions about the form, please contact Ellen Borowiak at email@example.com.
Business Services and CPC Reference and Contact List (Doc)
A University supplier is one that meets the following criteria:
- Provides quality goods or services to the University
- Provides consistent and competitive pricing that is deemed an excellent value to the University
- Conducts itself in a professional manner and one that has a good working relationship with Purchasing and its partnering departments
- Initiates and proactively participates in open communication
- Fosters an excellent working partnership with the University
- Provides quarterly updates and reports data as requested to Purchasing
- Does not present a conflict of interest