Purchasing is charged with the responsibility of identifying vendors that Saint Louis University as a whole is able to utilize for its departmental needs.
Purchasing regularly negotiates volume discount purchasing agreements with various vendors. The University will pursue vendor discounts and volume purchase agreements based on its educational, not-for-profit status and the purchasing level of commonly used products.
A University vendor is one that meets the following criteria:
- Provides quality goods or services to the University
- Provides consistent and competitive pricing that is deemed a good value to the University
- Conducts itself in a professional manner and one that has a good working relationship with Purchasing and its partnering departments
- Initiates and proactively participates in open communication
- Fosters an excellent working partnership with the University
- Provides quarterly updates and reports data as requested to Purchasing
- Does not present a conflict of interest