Billiken Buy is Saint Louis University's eProcurement solution that aims to simplify the purchasing and payment processes at Saint Louis University.
Saint Louis University has partnered with Unimarket due to their competitive pricing model, user-friendly platform, and exceptional customer service and technical support.
Unimarket is a multi-tenant, SaaS-based source-to-settle solution which was designed from the outset for ease of use by a diverse range of buyers across decentralized institutions, while also providing robust functionality for the needs of purchasing and accounts payable/finance. There are no restrictions to the number of users, suppliers, transactions or spend going through the system. The Unimarket solution is completely scalable.
Billiken Buy Goals
The goal of Billiken Buy is to implement a user-friendly eProcurement solution that results in more effective management of the University's resources. Billiken Buy provides:
- A simplified and streamlined buy and pay process
- Point and click product selection for the most frequently purchased goods at SLU
- An improved shopping/approval experience
- Time savings at the department level
- Enhanced spend visibility for purchase orders
- Access to spend data to allow for fact-based negotiations with suppliers
- Visibility of contracted pricing for preferred vendors
- Comparison shopping capabilities
- Real-time integration with Banner
Billiken Buy FAQ
Electronic procurement — generally known as eProcurement — is the automation and management of the procurement-to-payment process. It involves creating and approving purchase requisitions,placing purchase orders, receiving goods and services, and processing invoices electronically.
Billiken Buy will help by making your product research, processing orders, tracking those orders and all associated actions such as receiving and payments easier, faster and more compliant. In particular, you'll be able to locate the best pricing with our preferred suppliers, find items on contracts, compare products across suppliers, and much, much more. Billiken Buy will allow you to create template orders for items that you order regularly so that the purchasing process can be expedited.
The link to Billiken Buy will be available on MySLU to designated users in the system. These users will be enabled in Billiken Buy upon completion of training. Once a user is enabled, single-sign on access will automatically log a user into Billiken Buy when logged in with the SLU username and password. If a disabled user clicks on the Billiken Buy icon prior to training, they will receive an error stating: "Single Sign-on Failed - Account is Disabled." Access is denied due to the status of the user's account.
Department heads or business managers can request that a new user be added to Billiken Buy using the "Request Help" link on their dashboard. This will direct department heads to a Google Form to complete their request. New users will be added to the system by the system administrator.
Many key suppliers have been identified for our marketplace. They include, but are not limited to Staples, Grainger, CDW, McKesson-Medical Surgical, Fisher Scientific, VWR and Ronnoco Coffee. Catalogs will continue to be added as we identify suppliers that have valid contracts and can integrate with the system.
The buyer role in Billiken Buy is assigned to those users who have the authority to make purchases using University funds based on the Banner finance fund or org authority. The browser role is assigned to those users who have the need to create purchases for goods and services but do not have the authority to make purchases using University funds based on the Banner finance fund or org authority.
Select Cognos BUSFM003 Report of Transactions - Excel. Under "Additional Parameters," choose "Report Type: Blanket PO." Enter other parameters as usual, and click "Run Report."
The blanket and release PO number for each invoice transaction will display in column L. The release PO number will also display in column K.
Due to the line item detail provided by Billiken Buy, Banner INB/BSS and the Cognos report of transactions will reflect the individual commodity lines for purchases. To make reconciling your budgets easier, the following options have been added to the parameters page for the Cognos BUSFM003 Report of Transactions - Excel report:
- Blanket PO Report Type: This report will reflect the blanket PO number, as well as the release PO numbers under that blanket. To run this report, select Cognos BUSFM003 Report of Transactions - Excel. Under "Additional Parameters" choose "Report Type: Blanket PO." Enter other parameters as usual and click "Run Report." The blanket and release PO number for each invoice transaction will display in column L. The release PO number will also display in column K.
- Blanket PO Summary Report Type: This report will sum your transactions by document code. For vendors that provide a discount, the discount amount will be a separate line item. To run this report, select "Blanket PO Summary" under the Report Type Parameter
When creating requisitions for payments to be made in the current fiscal year for services or goods to be received in a future fiscal year, notes should be included in the Requisition's "Justification" field indicating that payment is for a future fiscal year. The charge will then be deferred by CPC.