Skip to main content
Menu Search & Directory

COVID-19 International Student FAQs

Saint Louis University's Office of International Services is available to assist with questions you have about how COVID-19 may impact your experience as an international student. Please refer to the frequently asked questions below. For additional information, contact your international advisor or

How will I get my documents signed for travel?

Please visit our online travel signature request form. Office of International Services staff will print a new I-20 and mail it to the address you provide on the form.

How will I apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT)?

Work directly with your international advisor on the application process. You are able to apply for OPT, as long as you have a valid address in the U.S. where your EAD card can be sent. In extreme situations, Office of International Services staff can offer an address for you. You will be responsible for mailing your OPT application in yourself from within the U.S. If you are outside of the U.S., Office of International Services staff can offer assistance. 

Can I apply for a Social Security number?
Request your Social Security Number letter through this form.
Can I still get a driver’s license letter?
Request your driver's license/state ID letter through this form. 
Will I be able to take summer classes?
At this point in time, there will be summer classes available, but stay tuned as this information could change.
How can I meet with my international advisor?
While students and staff are distancing themselves due to guidance from the CDC, international advisors are available to answer students questions over email or by phone. Advisors can also meet with students face-to-face through video conferencing.