All undergraduate, graduate and professional students who wish to graduate in fall or spring must apply through Banner Self-Service within the first two weeks of that semester. Those who wish to graduate during the summer and be listed in the May commencement book must apply by March 1.
After the fall and spring add/drop periods, students must complete the Petition for Late Graduation Application and a non-refundable $50 late graduation application fee will be assessed.
To apply to graduate:
- Go to Banner Self-Service and click on the "Student" tab.
- Under "Student Records" select "Apply to Graduate."
- Select the most current term on the Curriculum Term Selection page in order to see your current program of study. Review it, select it and click "Continue."
- Select the term in which you are applying to graduate.
- Review the spelling of your name as it will appear on your diploma and the mailing address to which it will be sent. From "Student Records" select "View Online Application to Graduate."
If a change needs to be made to your diploma name or diploma mailing address, email email@example.com from your SLU email account. Make sure to include your Banner ID.
You will receive email notification when your diploma is shipped. This occurs after the published conferral date when your grades have been submitted, your academic department clears you for graduation and you have no outstanding financial obligations to Saint Louis University.
Diplomas will be mailed to the address you provided on your graduation application.
If your diploma is damaged or you do not receive your diploma within four to six weeks of the mailing date outlined in the email notification, contact the Office of the University Registrar at 314-977-2269 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duplicate or Replacement Diplomas
Duplicate or replacement paper diplomas are $25 (an additional $25 for international shipping) and can be ordered online. Certified Electronic Diplomas and Certificates (CeDiploma/CeCertificate) are $50 and can also be ordered online.
Apostille and Missouri Certification
Saint Louis University students interested in having their diploma or transcript validated for a foreign government should take note of the following:
- Students finishing their studies, who are leaving the United States may need to apply for an Apostille of the Hague or a Missouri Certification to be applied to both their final transcript and their diploma. (Some countries allow a photocopy of the diploma to be used). Speak with the consulate of the country involved to verify their requirements.
- The Apostille and the Missouri Certification are processed by both the Office of the University Registrar and the State of Missouri.
- The state will not allow the University to begin the paperwork for the Apostille until the day after you graduate.
Apostilles and Missouri Certifications are $10 per document (an additional $25 for international shipping) and may be ordered online.