Saint Louis University’s teaching and research mission includes a commitment to mentoring programs that educate youth who have scientific interests. Minors may participate in shadowing, volunteer work in research laboratories, the STARS program, funded research projects, and tours of research facilities that may include demonstrations by SLU faculty.
To assure the safety of and minimize risk to minors visiting on-campus laboratories, Saint Louis University has established the Minors in Laboratories Policy and related onboarding procedures.
April 12, 2022 Update: Minors in Laboratories programs are allowed with appropriate precautions in place for the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Proof of Vaccination: All research projects involving Minors in Laboratories approvals are contingent upon
each minor submitting satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccination by completing this
secure HIPAA-compliant online proof of vaccination form and uploading a scan of their
Submit Proof of Vaccination
- Note: It is best for the minor participant to complete the Proof of Vaccination steps when their Form B is submitted, and must be completed prior to arrival on campus.
- If minor does not have a SLU account, proof of vaccination can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Exemptions from Proof of Vaccination: Minor participants may request an exemption for a medical or religious reason. They
must request an exemption at least two weeks prior to the start of their program so
that the SLU exemption team has time to process the request. For more information,
- Brief references to these requirements are in the April 12, 2022 revision of Minors In Laboratories Form A and Form B, and the Step-by-Step Guide for Faculty Mentors, including the Proof of Vaccination link.
- Only the currently posted April 12, 2022 version of Form A and Form B will be accepted.
Please review the Minors in Labs Document list for details.
- Policy on Minors in Laboratories
- Form A - Request for Approval of Research Project Involving Minor Participants in Laboratories
- Form B - Parent/Guardian Consent for a Minor in Laboratories
- Minors in Laboratories - Faculty Step by Step Guide to Approval and Onboarding
- Minors in Labs Participant Instructions for Getting SLU ID Badges and Parking Authorization
- OHP Enrollment Form: Medical History Questionnaire