Saint Louis University’s teaching and research mission includes a commitment to mentoring programs that educate youth who have scientific interests. Minors may participate in shadowing, volunteer work in research laboratories, the STARS program, funded research projects, and tours of research facilities that may include demonstrations by SLU faculty.
To assure the safety of minors visiting Saint Louis University laboratories and to minimize risks to them, the University has established the Policy on Minors in Laboratories and related onboarding procedures.
All Minor in Labs programs, including volunteering, have been suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Policy on Minors in Laboratories
- Form A - Request for Approval of Research Project Involving Minor Participants in Laboratories
- Form B - Parent/Guardian Consent for a Minor in Laboratories
- Minors in Laboratories - Faculty Step by Step Guide to Approval and Onboarding
- STARS Students at SLU: How to Obtain an ID Badge
- OHP Enrollment Form: Medical History Questionnaire