Saint Louis University provides many online services for students, faculty and staff. Passwords are required to secure those services and are managed through password.slu.edu.
- Go to password.slu.edu.
- Log in using your current SLU Net ID and SLU Net password.
- Review the requirements for a new password.
- Enter your current password in the old password box.
- Create a new password and enter it in the new password and verify password boxes.
- Click "Change Password."
- Sign out of all applications, log off your computer and then log back in to ensure all applications recognize your new password.
- Update your password on personal devices that connect to SLU Net wireless and/or use SLU email, such as smartphones and tablets.
- Go to login2.slu.edu
- Click "Edit Contact Information"
- Log-in with your SLU Net ID and SLU Net Password
- Type your date of birth: mm/dd/yyyy as the initial pin (For example, if your birthday is Jan. 5 1818, enter 01/05/1818. Make sure to include the / between the numbers)
- Type in your phone numbers (Please include area code and number. Provide at least two different numbers, including SLU desk phone or mobile phone.)
- Click "Update"
- Click "Restart Login"
Once your contact information is updated, a confirmation email will be sent to your
SLU email address
Looking for printable instructions? Click here to view and download.
Below is our how-to video on updating your contact information:
If you ever forget your SLU Net password, you can reset it yourself at password.slu.edu by following these steps:
- Click on "Forgot Password?"
- Enter your SLU Net ID.
- Answer all the questions with the correct information about yourself.
- Click "Submit."
- Reset your password.
In resetting your password, remember the following:
- Use passwords that cannot be easily guessed by others.
- Include both letters and numbers, and mix upper and lowercase letters.
- Do not use your SLU Net ID within your password.
- Never share your passwords with anyone and never send your SLU Net ID and password to anyone in an email.
All SLU faculty, staff and students are required to change their SLU Net password at least every 180 days. An email will remind you to reset your password 21 days, 14 days, seven days and one day before your password's expiration.
In addition, faculty and staff on University-owned machines will see password reset notifications upon login 21 days, 14 days and seven days prior to the password's expiration. (Note: Macintosh, Linux and UNIX users will not receive the specific login notification.)
Faculty and Staff: If you log in to your computer locally but access University data, you will be temporarily unable to retrieve folders or files until your SLU Net password has been changed.
The site manages a single password for your SLU Net ID, Office 365 email, calendar and Google Apps, as well as the following:
- Computer login (ds.slu.edu, SLU Managed PCs, Network Drives and My Files)
- Any application using the Login2 SLU portal (login2.slu.edu)
- mySLU Portal
- Self-Service Banner
- Internet Native Banner
- Billiken Secure Connect (VPN)
- Wireless Access (via SLU-Users)
- Blackboard Learn
- WebFocus Dashboard
- Service Now
- Online Library Databases
- Citrix Portal
- Epic (EHR)
- Cognos Reporting
This is not intended to be a complete list of applications managed via password.slu.edu.