Saint Louis University permit holders, as well as visitors, can utilize on-campus electric vehicle charging stations and reserved parking spaces for low-emission vehicles.
Electric Vehicle Charging
Six electric vehicle charging stations are available in the Olive Compton garage, directly east of the main entrance off Olive Blvd. These stations are Level 2 charging stations. The cost to use the stations is $1.25/hour for the first four hours. Each hour after the four-hour period is $5/hour.
How to Use Charging Stations on Campus
Charging stations require either a ChargePoint card or ChargePoint app. You can sign up for a free ChargePoint card or download the ChargePoint mobile app. With the ChargePoint app, you can find available stations; start charging; get notified when your car is done charging or when a station opens up; see station pictures; read driver tips; and connect ChargePoint Home.
Once you have the ChargePoint card or app, there are three ways to start a charging session:
- Tap to charge: With the ChargePoint app installed, you can start a charging session
by holding your phone over the reader symbol on the station.
- Iphone - In the ChargePoint app, go to "Menu," select "Account" and then "Manage Cards." Pick "set it up,” add your ChargePoint pass to Apple Wallet and tap your phone on the station to charge.
- Android - Enable NFC, turn your phone screen on and tap your phone on the station to charge.
- App: Choose the station and click the "Start Charge" button.
- ChargePoint card: Tap your activated ChargePoint card on the card reader symbol on the station.
Charging Station Regulations
- EV spaces are for use by EV vehicles only.
- EV vehicles must actively be charging. Once charging is complete, you must move your vehicle to an open parking space based on your permit type (SLU registered parker), or to an open visitor space (SLU guest/non-registered parker).
- $20 fine – EV vehicle not actively charging
- $100 fine – Non-EV vehicle parked in EV space
Low Emission Vehicle Parking
Thirteen reserved parking spaces for low-emission vehicles (LEV) and fuel-efficient vehicles are located on the second level of the Olive Compton Garage, closest to the stairwell and elevator.