Financial Planning and Budget manages Saint Louis University's operating and capital budgets from the executive planning stage down to reviewing budget transactions that occur at the department level. The office also prepares the University's quarterly operating forecasts that are included in the financial statements.
Additionally, the office participates in University-wide initiatives such as:
- Various planning and advisory committees
- Year-end reports vs. budget reports and vs. prior years by executive level and college/school
- Position control and other human resources data-related functions
- Peer comparisons to the 28 Jesuit universities
The Office of Financial Planning and Budget is dedicated to optimizing existing resources to provide financial analysis and recommendations to all facets of the University community as a foundation upon which University decision-makers can make informed strategic financial decisions.
eSeePCON, also known as Electronic Position Control, is a valuable tool that is located in Banner Self-Service under the Budget Management tab.
eSeePCON allows users to:
- Identify overspent positions that require a budget revision
- Identify underspent positions
- Identify variances between position budgets and actual salaries
- List employees included in your personnel account code summaries (use drill-down capability)
- Identify position budget variances by org/division code, fund, or account code
- Review position budgets historically beginning with FY06